I have a bevy of electronic devices in my room that basically function as nightlights. When I get up in the middle of the night, even as bad as my eyesight is, I can see where everything is without bumping into anything. Here’s a list of devices, and the type of light they provide in order of brightness and type of lights.
Throbber for steady dimming/brightening, Flickering for rapid on/off, and Steady for staying at the same brightness indefinitely.
- Hava Platinum HD Placeshifter (Steady)
- 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive (Throbber)
- 500GB Maxtor OneTouch External Hard Drive (Throbber)
- 17″ Macbook Pro Notebook Computer (Throbber)
- Xbox 360 Gaming Console (Steady)
- Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router (Flickering)
- 2Mbps/200Kbps Roadrunner Cable Modem (Flickering)
- HDTV Cable Receiver (Steady)
- Headphone Amp (Steady)
You can see a picture of my electronic nightlights here: